Figured it was time to dust the blog off… Clearly I’m a terrible, neglectful blogger, however I suppose it is better to write again now than never! Even though I’ve fallen off the blog-writing-wagon, I have still been avidly reading all my favorite blogs.
So, I thought it was time to link up with one of them for their Show and Tell Tuesdays. This Tuesday the topic is who would be the 5 people you would invite to your dinner party. I figured since this blog is supposed to be about cooking, and clearly you eat at a dinner party it is pretty relevant.
I’m going to give myself the boundary that the people must be alive, and they must be people I don’t already personally know. I figure if you start counting dead people it gets too serious – like you’ll judge me if I don’t pick super important historical figures. And nobody cares about the people I know.
So here we go… I cordially invite the following awesome people to my fake dinner party:
- Leah Remini – Have you watched her show, It’s All Relative, on TLC? I became obsessed this season. She is so awesome, sassy and hilarious. She is pretty much my sarcasm spirit animal. I liked her when she was a guest star on Saved By the Bell, and King of Queens was one of our family’s favorite shows.
- J.K. Rowling – I love the Harry Potter books so much, I could seriously talk to anyone on earth for hours if they told me they liked Harry Potter. Her genius floors me every time I read one of her books, and yes, I’ve read the whole series multiple times. Being in J.K. Rowling’s presence would be like heaven on earth. Seriously, I think I could die happy and completely satisfied with life if I got to have a meal with her.
- Mindy Kaling – She, much like Leah, is another one of my humor spirit animals. I think I watched the very first episode of The Mindy Project like 5 times when it first came out. I’ve read her book, am about to read her second book, and I’m totes signing up for Hulu for the sole purpose of being able to continue watching her show. She is hilarious, smart, and puts out a positive message of confidence for girls. AND she was a writer on The Office, which is one of my favorite shows. We’d have endless amounts of silliness to discuss.
- Shonda Rhimes – This woman knows how to tell awesome stories. I’ve been hooked on Grey’s Anatomy since day one, and I will watch that show to the very end. I love all the characters she has created from Grey’s, Private Practice, Scandal, and How To Get Away With Murder. I’m certain I could come up with a bazillion and one questions for this lady.
- And now that I’ve already picked four awesome strong kick-ass ladies, I might as well make it a total girl’s night and invite the super awesome Lauren Graham. Gilmore Girls is without a doubt one of my top five favorite shows or forms of entertainment ever. If I could live in a fictional place it would be Stars Hollow (and Hogwarts). I’m also just starting to watch Parenthood (I know, I know, where have I been!?). Even though she isn’t actually Lorelei Gilmore, she seems just as awesome.
I don’t know what you think, but I think that sounds like a FREAKING AMAZING dinner party. Now how do I make this happen? Leah, J.K., Mindy, Shonda, Lauren… you in!?